Caledonian Life is now Royal London!
We usually don’t reference too many life insurance companies on here because we don’t want to seem biased in any way or form. We’re more of an honest resource for people needing an explanation of the different types of insurance out there.
Our Facebook page which only has a few likes unfortunately, however, we have received 4 questions referencing either Caledonian Life and RoyalLondon. Well… they are both the same company.
Caledonian Life was bought by the Royal London group after merging Royal Liver with Royal London in July 2011. This happened a while ago yet people are still continuing to speak about Caledonian.
The reason being Caledonian life didn’t actually become Royal London until 2014. They were and still are a very good company and that’s probably why so many people are asking about the company.
The parent company the Royal London Group have been in business of over 180 years years and are selling financial products in both the UK and Ireland. They are well renouned for both Life Insurance and Mortgage protection. One of the features of their policies that sets them apart from others is the “Helping Hand” add on:
Helping Hand gives 1-on1 personal support from your own Nurse Adviser from Red Arc who can help you and your family with the devastating effects caused by illness or bereavement. The family part of that statement refers to a persons spouse or partner and their children only.
With over 15 years experience, Red Arc has earned a reputation for service excellence, supporting individuals and their families through serious illness, chronic health conditions, bereavement and disabilities.
Here are some of the features of Helping Hand noted on Royal London’s Website:
- the provision of bereavement counsellors
- speech and language therapists
- oncology nurses
- face-to-face second medical opinion
- cardiac rehabilitation support
- complementary therapies
- massage and reflexology
Brochure to Fully Explain Royal London’s Helping Hand Scheme
Life Cover from Royal London
- The give a guaranteed lump sum, payable if you die within the term of their policies.
- They give their customers a genuinely competitive cost-efective premium.
- They are flexible giving you the ability to choose how much cover you want and how long you want your cover to last.
- A guarantee that, unless you choose Indexation, your premium will not change throughout the term of your policy (although any relevant Government levies will be refected in your payments) ?
- You and your family get the peace of mind that comes from knowing that should you die during the term of the policy, they will have their financial needs looked after